Friday, March 2, 2007

Response to reality

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines06/0505-06.htm

Originally I was going to respond to this post by looking for an American act of hatrid towards homosexuality. I was going to say if a middle eastern person found this they could have the same feelings towards us that we have towards them about how to punish homosexuality. I searched for homosexual killed and the second hit was a link to an Iraqi boy killed by Iraqi police for being openly gay. He was brutally murdered at the age of 14 by law enforcement. Although the link I am posting for this repsonse is different than what I expected I still have some of the same ideas I originally had on the subject. There may be certain people who look for stories of murdering and hatrid in the middle east and post them on the internet for the sole purpose that citizens like us will see them and think less of the Middle Eastern people. There may be people like this in the Middle East, who look for stories about America that would make other people who live in the Middle East think less of Americans. I can't say for sure that there are these types of people in America or the Middle East but it is an answer to why there is so much on the internet against middle eastern beliefs and punishments for certain crimes. Although I absolutely disagree with the penalty of death or violence for expressing ones sexuality, I also respect Iraq and any other countries right to govern themselves and create their own laws.

RB

No comments: