Thursday, March 1, 2007

Death

Although death is inevitable and one must learn when their born that "forever" does not exist, the idea of constant killings are not inevitable deaths. America is at war but what effect beside economically does the war have on the citizens of the United States, little unless someone you love is at war. Either way, reports of the war are limited, detailed information is never given and there is no danger imposed on us. "How do you explain fear to someone who probably traded gunfire as a toddler?" (pg. 221) Excellent question. What makes the Middle East so violent? For me, it is a question that I cannot even being to answer. In the Middle East where religion is the central aspect of life how can one believe that killing is God related? Something is not right when it comes to the comfort level the people of the Middle East have with violence. No, I have no experienced any such violence so I cannot say my opinion is strongly based on experience but how can it be right for a toddler to be comfortable around machine guns? For some reason as I argue this point I believe I am right. Death is natural but when it happens there should be meaning behind it. The people of the Middle East cannot be completely insensitive to death, I just if there is a limit. According to all the violence in Lebanon, Syria, Palestine, etc. death is no longer meaningful. The numbers of casualties make death merely a word.

No comments: