Thursday, March 1, 2007

Response to “America and Iraq: We Fear the Government”

Response to “America and Iraq: We Fear the Government”
I agree as an American that the U.S. is a better country; however, this is not true for everywhere, especially the Middle East. I believe that in almost every aspect of life we are different from Iraq. Saddam was a dictator; Bush is a powerful yet controlled person in power. I disagree with your belief, however, that the American people don’t follow the rules because we like the democratic government. I agree with HF that our government is corrupt, not always fair, or right, but people respect our government not out of fear which JG suggests. I agree with HF that our government is one of the best in the world. I also completely agree that you can’t compare the governments because of the difference in democracy, free rights, and education. Having said that, I believe that it is the Middle Eastern views can lead many people to believe that our government is better. I couldn’t agree more with HF’s point about opportunities in America. “Americans have been given opportunities that Iraqis have never experienced.” We are in a way spoiled. We, as Americans, see their entire country as inferior while the people have had no choices to make. Thank God that we have powers, and rights in this country, but does that make us better?
-C.W.

No comments: