Friday, February 23, 2007

Unity; Response to "Sudan: A Country on the Cusp of Genocide"

Many people in the United States of America do not agree with the ideology George Bush represents. He has started something he shouldn’t have gotten involved in, but he is too far in at this point to just “pull out,” this is a personal opinion. While republicans and democrats beliefs can differ greatly, it is a government that makes us one country. Sometimes being a “good” leader means that you have to be a “bad guy.” There is nothing that pulls a country together more than a hated leader, especially in times of crisis. To say the least, H.C.F., I disagree with your statement: “When the government is the ‘bad guy’ there is no one to stand up for what is right and decent.” Looking also at the history of many countries, it seems that when the government is repressing the common folk that is when the people pull together. So, if there were to be some sort of revolt by the people, my guess is it would happen as the limits on their lives are still held by the government. I have never been in a situation that I have not had some freedom and I doubt that I will live in a country like that. But, if I and all my family and friends did not have freedom I am positive that after years of living like that we would find a way to strike back. Revolution happens in times of crisis; it may create more problems, but there is a greater chance of achieving the specific goal they want to acquire. H.C.F., I believe that the rest of your thoughts on Sudan are very agreeable.

JG Sherree!

No comments: